V i s i R e x T i p s & T r i c k s
Tips & Tricks
Choosing a Project
VisiRex vs NeuNet
Tips for Mining Data
- Some of the most valuable uses for VisiRex are data mining, data cleaning and anomaly detection.
The purpose is to discover which records do not fit the pattern of the majority.
These suspicious records may then be viewed, marked and exported to a separate file.
Hints For Data Mining
- Configure your row selection so that the entire database is used for both training and testing.
- Extract a simple rule tree with an interesting amount of prediction error still remaining.
At this point, the "well-behaved" records will have the correct predictions,
while the anomalies will have incorrect predictions.
- Press Finish on the rule extraction screen and you will be delivered to the Browse Tests Results
where you will be able to compare the predicted versus actual for every record in your test set.
- Set the Browse Filter to view only the incorrect predictions.
These are the data anomalies - gold nuggets you have mined.
- Use the Marks menu, under entire table to clear all marks.
This will ensure that no check marks remain from a previous session.
- Now use the Marks menu under current view to mark all of the anomalous rows currently shown.
- Finally use Marks menu under current view to export all the marked rows to a new file.
This is your audit list of suspicious rows.
A Complete System for Inductive Rule Extraction
CorMac Technologies Inc.
34 North Cumberland Street ~ Thunder Bay ON P7A 4L3 ~ Canada
E m a i l