Select a menu item
Run... Configure this Project
- This function must be used whenever a new project is created.
- You will select a database and data table for the project.
- You will select what field is to be predicted.
- You will select which fields are to be used for making the prediction.
- A project may be reconfigured at any time, but all previous training will be lost.
Run... Split the Data
- This feature allows you to split your data into two groups - "Training Set" and "Testing Set".
- The training set is used to train the neural network. The testing set is not seen during training.
- Error reports on the Training screen are based on the training set. All other performance reports are based on the testing set.
- Each set can be as large as 32,000 records. The training set must contain at least ten records.
The testing set can be as small as one record.
- You may overlap the split, so some rows appear in both sets.
Indeed both sets may be identical.
- Some of your rows can be omitted from both sets.
- Remember larger data sets will be slower to train and test.
Run... Go To SFAM/BackProp Training
- This function delivers you to the Training screen.
- The actual neural network is developed during training.
A Complete Neural Network Development System
CorMac Technologies Inc.
34 North Cumberland Street ~ Thunder Bay ON P7A 4L3 ~ Canada
E m a i l