I n t r o d u c t i o n     t o     V i s i R e x
A Rule Tree
VisiRex has been designed to be very easy to use.
Users should take a few minutes to read this overview,
so they will quickly understand how the program is structured.
Main Program - "VisiRex.exe"
- Run VisiRex.exe by clicking the desktop icon, or from your Start_Programs menu.
- Use the FILE menu to open an existing project or create a new project.
- The VisiRex installation program has installed eight sample projects with data.
Project File - "MyProject.vrp"
- All VisiRex project files use the extension .vrp (example: "MyProject.vrp").
- There is no Save menu for your projects.
All of your project settings are saved automatically as you work.
These settings can be changed at any time.
- You may create as many projects as you wish.
Several projects may share the same data file.
- The project file is configured to contain the following information:
- The name of the data file and table to be used for this project.
- All of the statistics collected during project creation.
- Which rows are to be used for training and which for testing.
- Which fields are to be used for inputs and what field is the target prediction.
- A snapshot of the latest rule extraction.
- The latest results on your test data.
- All checkmarks you have set.
- Once a new project file is configured, you can experiment with ! Extract Rules and the various report views.
Data File - "MyData.mdb"
- One data file can be shared by several projects.
- VisiRex only reads your data file. Your data is never modified in any way.
- Data files may have any extension, however they must be in MS-Access (.mdb) format.
- Data files must contain a primary key field.
- Data files can be created from ASCII data or CSV spreadsheet files using File_Import.
- VisiRex has several registration levels which determine the maximum number of data rows you may use.
Level 1 is free and offers 250 data rows.
Sample data downloaded from the VisiRex website can be used regardless of your registration level.
- Please contact Cormac Technologies Inc. if you wish to donate sample data to the website.
A Complete System for Inductive Rule Extraction
CorMac Technologies Inc.
34 North Cumberland Street ~ Thunder Bay ON P7A 4L3 ~ Canada
E m a i l