I n t r o d u c t i o n     t o     V i s i R e x
A Rule Tree
Some Typical Uses for VisiRex
- Which customers are likely to buy which products?.
- Which products are likely to sell with other products? in what region? in what season? at what price?
- What is the best location for our new branch?
- Which transactions are likely to be fraudulent?
- Which customers are likely to pose a credit risk?.
- How do our sales respond to various economic indicators? to the weather?
- What is our competitor going to do next?
- What factors are important in choosing a good stock market investment?
Medical and Scientific Research Uses:
- Which medical tests should be done in what order to arrive at a reliable diagnosis?
- Which medical patients should seek a second opinion regarding their diagnosis?
- What medical patients are likely to benefit from what combination of drugs and treatments.
- What scientific observations should be collected in order to reach a conclusion?
- What combinations of factors are important in reaching a conclusion?
- How does a scientific experiment react to various parameters?
- Which quality control tests are necessary? redundant? irrelevent?
- Which process parameters have important downstream effects.
- What combinations of factors are important in choosing areas for mineral prospecting and oil exploration?
- How does a skilled operator respond to process irregularities?
- How does one predict and diagnose machinery problems?
Many Other Uses:
- Economics, econometric modeling and financial markets.
- Forecasting, modeling and scheduling.
- Criminal investigation and law enforcement.
- Politics, elections and public policy.
- Sports betting, horse racing and gambling
A Complete System for Inductive Rule Extraction
CorMac Technologies Inc.
34 North Cumberland Street ~ Thunder Bay ON P7A 4L3 ~ Canada
E m a i l