V i s i R e x I n s t a l l a t i o n
To install VisiRex Version 2.1, simply run the program Visi21.exe and follow the on-screen prompts.
- The trusted and proven "WISE Installation System" manages all of the installation.
- VisiRex will be installed into a program directory of your choice.
- An assortment of sample data files will be installed in a subdirectory named "Data" beneath you program directory.
- A small descriptive text file (.txt) will be installed with every data file.
- Additional sample data files may be downloaded from the VisiRex web site at http://www.cormactech.com/visirex/download.html
- A few sample projects are installed in a subdirectory named "Projects" beneath your program directory.
- You may create as many new projects as you wish up to the row limit of your current registration level.
Every project is linked to a data file.
- The program group will be added to Programs on your Start Menu.
- A optional shortcut may be added to your desktop.
- Your registry will be updated to include a new file association so that clicking on a .VRP file will automatically launch VisiRex with that project.
- Your registry will be updated so that all .VRP project files have the "VisiRex" icon.
- Your registry will be updated so that VisiRex Uninstall will appear under your Control Panel's "Add/Remove Programs".
- An assortment of system support tools will be installed onto your computer if these tools are missing or obsolete.
- None of your system support tools are overwritten if yours are a newer version.
- The file "Install.log" will be created so there is a record of everything that was done.
- The "uninstall" program is added to your program group so that you may easily remove the program.
To uninstall VisiRex, simply click the trash icon "Uninstall VisiRex".
- Select automatic or custom uninstall and follow the on-screen prompts.
- Warning: The automatic uninstall will erase everything in your VisiRex program directory and all of its subdirectories.
If there are any files you wish to keep, be sure to relocate then to some other directory before your run the uninstall.
- All of the VisiRex program files, project files and data files will be erased.
- All of the VisiRex registry entries will be removed.
- System support files will be removed (after warning) if no other program requires them.
List of Installed Files
- Program Files Placed in Chosen Program Directory (Approximately 3 Mb)
- VisiRex.exe (Main VisiRex Program)
- VisiHelp.exe (VisiRex Help File)
- Unwise32.exe (Wise uninstall Program)
- Install.log (created during install. Used by Unwise32.exe -- DO NOT DELETE!)
- Sample project files, placed in subdirectory "Projects" beneath program directory (~ 4 Mb)
- Cancer.vrp (Diagnose malignant vs benign breast cancer)
- Cars.vrp (Determine the origin of automobiles)
- Census.vrp (Predict which people make over $50,000 per year)
- Heart.vrp (Diagnose heart disease)
- Horses.vrp (Predict the survival of sick horses)
- Iris.vrp (Classify iris flowers)
- Mushrooms.vrp (Learn to recognize poisonous mushrooms)
- States.vrp (Learn to predict state name based on latitude and longitude of town)
- Sample data files, placed in subdirectory "Data" beneath program directory (~ 8 Mb)
- Cancer.mdb (Contains 9 tests for 457 cancer patients)
- Cancer.txt (Description for Vancer.mdb)
- Cars.mdb (Contains specifications for 240 automobiles)
- Cars.txt (Description for Cars.mdb)
- Census.mdb (Contains 32,562 records from 1994 USA census)
- Census.txt (Description for Census.mdb)
- Heart.mdb (Contains 15 factors for 303 heart patients)
- Heart.txt (Description for Heart.mdb)
- Horses.mdb (Contains 27 factors for 366 sick horses)
- Horses.txt (Description for Horses.mdb)
- Iris.mdb (Contains 5 factors for 150 iris flowers)
- Iris.txt (Description for Iris.mdb)
- Mushrooms.mdb (Contains 24 factors for 8124 mushroom samples)
- Mushrooms.txt (Description for Mushrooms.mdb)
- States.mdb (Contains state name, latitude and longitude for 28.052 USA cities and towns)
- States.txt (Description for States.mdb.mdb)
- System support files, copied to Windows system directory if required(~ 0 to 9 Mb)
- Vre32.dll (VisiRex Support)
- Actbar.ocx (ActiveBar Support)
- Tdbg5.ocx (TrueDbGrid Support)
- Xarray32.ocx (TrueDbGrid Support)
- Msvbvm50.dll (VB5 Runtime)
- Comdlg32.ocx (VB5 Support)
- Comctl32.ocx (VB5 Support)
- Comdct232.ocx (VB5 Support)
- Stdole2.tlb (VB5 Support)
- Oleaut32.dll (VB5 Support)
- Olepro32.dll (VB5 Support)
- Asycfilt.dll (VB5 Support)
- Comcat.dll (VB5 Support)
- Ctl3d95.dll (VB5 Support for 95)
- Ctl3dnt.dll (VB5 Support for NT)
- Msjet35.dll (Jet database Support)
- Vbajet32.dll (Jet database Support)
- Vb5db.dll (Jet database Support)
- Msrd2x35.dll (Jet database Support)
- Msrepl35.dll (Jet database Support)
- Odbcjt32.dll (Jet database Support)
- Odbcji32.dll (Jet database Support)
- Odbctl32.dll (Jet database Support)
- Dao350.dll (Jet database Support)
- ITGraph32.ocx (IT graph Support)
- Mfc42.dll (Foundation Class)
- Msvcrt.dll (VC++ Runtime)
A Complete System for Inductive Rule Extraction
CorMac Technologies Inc.
34 North Cumberland Street ~ Thunder Bay ON P7A 4L3 ~ Canada
E m a i l