Tips & Tricks
Choosing a Project
How to Import:
- You must File_Close any current project before the File_Import becomes available.
- Use File_Import to select the desired source file.
- The new file will be created into the same directory as the source file using the same name as the source file
with the extension .mdb (example: "Wine.txt" becomes "Wine.mdb").
Importing Data from ASCII Text Files:
- The ASCII file can be created from most spreadsheets, text editors and data recorders.
- The ASCII file name will usually have the extension .txt (example: "Iris.txt").
- The ASCII file must contain comma delimited columns.
- The first row always is taken as header names.
- If a column contains any non-numeric value, that column is imported as a text field.
- If a column contains all numbers, and all of them are integers, that column is imported as long integer.
- If a column contains all numbers, and any of them are not integers, that column is imported as single precision floating point.
Importing Data from Older Neunet.raw Files:
- The data file name must have the extension .raw (example: "eeg.raw").
- The data will be parsed according to the Neunet's .raw specifications.
- Column headers and all columns will be imported.
Importing Data from Spreadsheets:
- Save you spreadsheet as comma separated text. For example in MS-Excel, use File_SaveAs and choose the CSV format.
- Follow the above instructions for ASCII text files.
A Complete Neural Network Development System
CorMac Technologies Inc.
34 North Cumberland Street ~ Thunder Bay ON P7A 4L3 ~ Canada
E m a i l